Saturday, September 23, 2006

Event #10 preview...AND MORE!

Event #10 is $1,000 no limit hold'em, the big daddy tournament of my schedule. I've been playing good NL hold'em lately so I'm hoping to put in a good showing.

For those of you wondering what the hell happened to the party poker monster series of tournaments I have an update. I've played 5 of the weekly events and only made the top 2000 in 1. This is pretty sub par, but I don't think there's much I could have done differently (I went broke with big pairs or after big flops all of them). But, I did make the top 2,000 in one which won me a "monthly freeroll" entry. The first monthly tournament which has a prize pool of $1,000,000 and will start with a max of 8,000 players starts tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. If I make the top 1,000 I'll win some amount of cash and an entry into the monster final which right now has a prize pool of 12.5 million dollars. I'll give a brief recap of what happened.

For those of you wondering about my huge pile of firewood I've made some progress. It turns out that some of the logs are much denser, harder wood than others. Also part of the problem is the bark is still on the logs which helps absorb the shock of the axe and keep the log together. Once I break the bark it's much easier to split the rest of the log into nice sized pieces. Luckily my good friend E.B. has provided me with a sledge hammer and a wedge, which together are able to defeat even the toughest logs. It's loud, hard work, but it's great exercise and burning wood that you've split yourself feels much more satisfying than burning purchased wood.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...