Monday, September 25, 2006

Event #11 ($320 7-Card Stud) Recap

There's good news a bad news. The good news is this event was $320 instead of the $530 I thought it was. The bad news is I've never been eliminated in a stud event so quickly. I finished 621 of 657 and I'm not even sure how it happened. I think the problem was, other than during the first 15 minutes or so (when I made two flushes and won a whopping 200 chips)I just never improved my starting cards. I'd start with JJ10 and end up with J J 10 9 4 3 2 and loose to someone who made 5's and 4's. Or I'd start with AQJ of diamonds, catch two black small cards and have to fold.

In the hand that really did me in I got caught between two guys who both seemed to think they had the nuts (one of them started with 555 and the other only had a pair of 7's, but had a scary looking board and was foolishly trying to get rid of two people who clearly weren't going anywhere). I had a flush draw and if I'd hit it I would have had about 1.5 times average. But, I missed.

Nothing tomorrow, but look out for an event #13 preview.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...