Wednesday, September 13, 2006

WCOOP Event #1 Preview!!!!!!!

Good news for those of you out in blog land! The World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) kicks off this Saturday! It's just like the WSOP...except it's for 1/10 of the money...and 1/100th of the prestige. I guess it's nothing like the WSOP, but it is the biggest thing in online poker and unlike the WSOP you don't have to dodge 1,400 floosies every time you go to the bathroom.

I am looking forward to playing some non hold 'em varieties of poker and I plan to update the blog daily with results and accounts of the key hands. I am going to play 12 of the 18 events for sure and maybe 1 or 2 more if things are going well. All in all it should add up to about $6,000 in entries. I've got Gerry, Matt, E.B and Jake backing me again (very bravely I might add after the WSOP) and Mike has boldly jumped on the bandwagon and taken a full one percent of my action. Thanks to all of them again for their confidence in me.

All of the tournaments start weekdays at noon and weekends at 1:30 (pacific time). If you want to watch me play you can download the software at pokerstars.com and do a player search for AceSedai (that's me). If you need help with this process send me an e-mail and I'll give you detailed instructions. Of course you won't be able to see what I have, but you can check on my progress and make mocking comments about me in the chat box.

Event #1 is $215 buy in Razz. Razz is simply 7-card stud where the WORST hand wins. Straights and flushes do not count against you (A 2 3 4 5 is the best possible hand). Last year there was no razz in the WCOOP and pokerstars hasn't offered razz in any form until a few weeks ago so I'm hoping to run into a bunch of people who don't know how to play. This is basically a warm up for everyone and while there are 330 players already registered, I can't see more than about 500 more putting their hard earned coin at risk on this silly game.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...