Monday, July 14, 2008

Even More Easy Money?

Those of you who are regular readers of my blog may remember a few months ago when I made $400 as the result of a banking problem on Pokerstars. In that instance a widthdrawal that I made was delayed about 3 weeks and since it was a $2,000 widthdrawal and they were offering everyone who was affected by the problem 20% of the amount they were taking out, $400 was added to my net worth out of thin air.

Recently something similar happened. A month or so ago I played a few tournaments on fulltiltpoker.com and then cashed out my total balance of $881. I deposited the check and it went through normally. Then a few days ago I got an e-mail telling me with no explaination that I'd made two deposits: one of $881 and another of $100. I looked in my account and sure enough there was $981 sitting in there even though I'd made no deposits and no money had come out of my bank account.

I e-mailed support asking what was going on and they told me that since there had been a problem with my last cashout they were crediting the amount back to my account and adding another $100 to cover any bank fees.

At the very least I've made $100 here, but I think I've in fact made a free $981. Like I said it's been about a month since I deposited that first check which seems like more than enough time for it to bounce.

While there's never a bad time to pick up a grand, part of me wishes something like this could have happened to me when I was about 15 when I REALLY would have appreciated it.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...