Monday, September 08, 2008

2008 WCOOP Event #9 & 10 Preview

Event #9 is $215 4 handed NL hold'em. This is a tournament that might last 8 minutes or 8 hours for me. 4 handed play is full of confrontations and you just have to go for it. In the words of many great poker players "In order to live, you have to be willing to die." Playing so short you just have man up and get your chips in there!

Event #10 is $215 Razz. I've been playing a fair amout of Razz lately and since there are already almost 700 people signed up for this tournament I expect a large turnout. Guess what? There are about 100 people that play Razz with any kind of regularity on pokerstars. I don't know who these people are who think they're going to do anything in this tournament when they never play Razz, but I'd pay $430 to get into this one even if everyone else was paying $215.

I expect to play a few satellites to these tournaments as well. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

The Answer Is 42 said...

Best of luck tomorrow, Dave!

Anonymous said...

Is it weird that I consider the WCOOP one of my favorite times of the year? As though it's some awesome holiday!? haha! Well, my point is..it is so fun watching and cheering you on. Even more fun when I've got a piece of the action! Regardless of my own personal gain, I am always excited for you to win because it seems like you just keep getting better and better which makes it more and more exciting! Not to mention that I most definitely have a cooler brother in law than anyone else I know! hahaha!!

Anonymous said...

Right you've tickled the belly the belly of Bracelet and got a whiff of the Mega pay day,
I can feel it in my water ! the big one is coming, keep it up Dave, It WILL happen, I just hope I'm around to see it, Most of the games start around 7-8pm UK time hence my 3am stay ups, Sigh... up for work at 5:30am ! roll on the WCOOP

Dave ( London)

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...