Tuesday, September 09, 2008

2008 WCOOP Events #11 & #12 Preview

Event #11 is one that wasn't on my original schedule and I'm still not sure I'm going to play. It's $320 Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo Split.

I was in the midst of trying to explain Omaha Hi-Lo for those of you who don't know much about it and I decided it best to just direct you to this link if you want to learn more. Also you'll notice all the other games listed on the left if you'd like to read more about them.

I have a fair amount of experience playing this game limit and not much playing it pot limit. I expect to make a game time decision and right now I think there's about a 75% chance that I'll play.

Event #12 is $320 Mixed Hold'em. Basically it's half limit and half no limit hold'em switching back and forth every half hour. I'm hoping that at least some of my competition will be much worse at limit than they are at no limit (or perhaps vice versa in fewer cases). This is the first year they've had this event and I love that they're always coming up with new ways to spice things up!

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...