Saturday, September 06, 2008

Event #3 further update

We're about 3 hours and 40 minutes into Event #3. We've played about 225 hands and I'm still doing very well. We're down to 840 players and the average stack is just about 8,000 chips. I have 20,300 and right now I'm in 12th place.

I've been playing well, but I have to say that I've been getting great cards. I've had AA three times and KK twice. More importantly I've been making all of my draws. I've made at least three straights and two flushes and have gotten paid off to the river on all of them.

I've taken 3 or 4 hits along the way where I had a very strong hand and lost. But it seems like as soon as I drop some chips I make a big hand right afterwards and get them all back.

Also forgot to mention that earlier I won a $55 satellite to today's $215 event. I did drop $22.50, and $25 on two other satellites, but between the three I put a little $112.50 dent in the WCOOP losses so far.

If I don't make the money in this limit tournament with all the chips I have I'm going to be super pissed! I'll put up a post when I make the money.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...