Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Little Note from Pokerstars

I got this e-mail from pokerstars today:

Hello PokerStars largest players,

If you are getting this email you are one of our top 100 players, Congratulations! The Blog Team has asked me to email you with a question. We want to cover some people playing the WCOOP over the next 3 weeks. If you make it deep may we say you're a Supernova Elite or one of our largest Supernova VIPs?

Thank you for playing on PokerStars!

I think it's interesting to note that pokerstars had 9 million members and I'm in the top 100 in terms of point generation. What I'd really like to know is how many players out there are making more money than me. Hopefully I'll do something noteworth enough for them to mention me on the Pokerstars blog or even better, cardplayer magazine.

For those of you who are wondering about my points quest I'm currently at 612,000 points for the year. This is about 60,000 behind pace, but I have a plan! Specifically I'm going to go bananas in September and October and get myself either on or ahead of pace. I still have dreams of finishing this thing off a few weeks early and doing nothing for a while.

Why do I think I can make up so much ground? Well I made 5,700 points today in one day and it wasn't too bad. If I do that 21 days a month for two months all of a sudden I'm 20,000 points ahead of pace.

The past few days I've been playing a combo of two $109 SNG's and four $10/$20 games. This set up generates points at an insane rate. In fact I can make about $45 an hour in FPPs alone for breaking even with that set up of games! Of course if things go really bad I could lose $2,000 in an hour which is why there aren't tons of people out there making $45 an hour in FPPs.

I'm planning to put up a WCOOP event #1 preview and a brief WCOOP general preview with my goals and expectations for this years WCOOP sometime soon.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...