Thursday, September 11, 2008

WCOOP Update

When we last left out hero, I was at about 31,000. With about 35,000 I picked up KK and was facing an all in of about 18,000 in front of me. Yay! Kings should be good right? Wrong! He had AA and I was down under 20,000.

A few hands later I moved all in from 1st position with KQ. I got called by AJ, but I flopped 2 kings and was up to 30,000.

A few hands later I picked up 66. The player to my right who happened to be the same guy who had the AA and the AJ moved all in for 10,000. I decided to gamble and moved all in over the top. When the next player to act moved all in too I knew I was in trouble. The first guy had A9 and the second guy had KK, but I nailed a 6 on the flop and was up over 70,000!

Since then I've been in maintain mode and have about 90,000. We're down to 88 which pays $1,918 gross and I'm in 62nd.

I also finished 5th in the $215 Stud second chance which paid $512.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting and TOTALLY nerve wracking! I have to go to work in 3 hours! Oh well! That was a great 4 of a kind!!!!!! We're cheering you on!!

The Answer Is 42 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Answer Is 42 said...

ummm... What she said!

What a great bit of drama for me to come home to tonight! I've got my popcorn and some soda, settling in for the long haul tonight!
We're cheering you on, Dave!

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...