Saturday, June 06, 2009

Event #16 Preview!

Event# 16 is $1,500 7 card stud! I haven't played a ton of 7 card stud tournaments, but for the most part neither has anyone else! Stud was big in the 70's and 80's before hold'em caught on but after 5 card draw had started to fade away.

It's hard to find a stud game bigger than $30/$60 online or anywhere on the west coast. I think there is one $215 stud tournament online every week, but on a daily basis I don't remember seeing anything else with a buy in bigger than $50.
I hear they still play for bigger stakes on the east coast, but I'm not sure how old that information is.

Another piece of good news is today at noon was $5,000 no limit hold'em. That is where all the established tournament pros and Internet hot shots will be. I played that event in 2006 and it was without a shadow of a doubt the toughest field I've ever faced before or since. So instead of facing the ball busters I will be playing with the middle aged amatures and old timers!

The action starts at 5 pm and I'll put up a post tonight if I brick early or tomorrow morning/afternoon (I slept until 1 today, it was great!) if I play late or make it to day 2.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...